Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rainy day project

I set out Saturday morning with a project that I have been wanting to get done for a while now...

My mom got some bunk beds off of craigslist for the boys. They were a steal, and would be awesome re-finished. So, today, my sister and I started on the project, considering the fact that Colt is now too tall for his toddler bed!


It was a rainy day on Saturday, so we had to resort to using the garage to do this project. No big deal, other than I couldn't really send the boys outside to play while my sister and I did the bed. The boys weren't all that bad though...just regular ol' boys wanting to play or help with the painting...


Jacob was pretty darned adamant about wanting to help paint. The "crafter/projector in me was screaming no, but the mom in me was also screaming no, because of the potential mess. He did pretty good though and it made him happy, so what the hay?!


Colt was trying to escape manual labor, apparently he has caught on that painting is work, not fun! Hahahaha!


We kind of went into the project with the idea of how easy it was going to be...we were blindsided when we saw that we would have to paint several coats to cover the bed. It was hard work, but luckily the ran kept a nice breeze coming and it really wasn't all that bad.
I finished up the last 3 (4, 5 and 6) coats of paint on Sunday myself. We were going to try and get the bed up that night, but it turned out to be a pretty day, so we busied ourselves with laundry (well, I did) and playing outside later in the day.
Hopefully Jason can get it put up this week with the help from my sister when she comes to watch the boys Wednesday night until he gets in from work (remember, I am in class!)
I forgot to take a picture of the finished paint job, but will get that on here when we set the bed up...should be this weekend at the latest!
p.s. thanks mom and layla!
Much love.

2 comments:

{Kimber} said...

You been watchin HGTV or what?! I usedto get myself into these projects and then I discovered i suck at them so i stopped!! Can't wait to see the final result!!

I'm honored you'd want my photo in a frame anywhere!!!
I'd be happy to send you one seriously!! Email me ur addy :)
it'll be like I'm famous---cept I'd have to charge something--nickel?? :)) then I'd be a paid photographer...ok I'm rambling now...buh bye! :)

E @ Scottsville said...

Hey, welcome to my blog! Glad you stopped by and said "Hello!"

The beds look like a BIG project. All those "rungs" make it HARD WORK...not to mention all the many coats it took. Glad you got it done and look forward to seeing the finished project!

It was nice to "meet" you!

Erica