Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Birthday cake time!

So last Friday, my sister in law, Veronica, asked if I would make my niece's birthday cake, since she knew that I had made a few with my friend Sierra. I was so up for the challenge, especially since Sierra had surprised me with the first few essential supplies, right before she went home to Utah!


So, this being my first time around by myself I was a bit nervous, but bound and determined to make the cake! We started by trying to make homemade fondant..no biggie, my friend and I had done it, and it was pretty easy, and it tasted much better.


Well, it didn't work so well this time. It dried out and we were unable to use it. At this point Veronica started to freak out. I assured her it would be okay. So off to the store she went to buy already made fondant.


That worked and this particular kind didn't taste all that bad! In the end...this is what we ended up with... be kind, it was my first time going solo!


Much love.

2 comments:

Crandalls said...

oh my gosh! you did so good!

{Kimber} said...

UMMMM WOW!!!
that is fabulous!!