Monday, August 24, 2009

New Orleans - part 4 (the last installment!)


Okay, so here we are, finally at the last part of the trip!

After a weird night of sleep, not being interrupted by babies climbing in bed with us, Jason and I got up and headed down to the French Quarter for some of those yummy beignets at Cafe DuMonde I have heard so much about!


The food line and some of the servers taking a break...

Jay and I waiting on the scrumptious food!

Heaven!


After breakfast, we met up with our friends and took off down by the Mississippi..

Lot's of water..

A tugboat! The boys would have loved it!



The steamboat


For some reason in this picture, I look pregnant, but I can assure...I am not.

We then went to the aquarium...way cool...but I won't post a bunch of pictures of it, just a few that I think are blog worthy...

Stingrays crack me up..they look like they are smiling at you!


In the rain forest...




Can you imagine running into this guy??? Ew!
And we found Nemo! (hahahaha, snort!)


We lunched at Bubba Gumps afterwards, and it was great, the waitress, a bit annoying, but the food was awesome, as well as all the film memorabilia!

The most famous saying from the movie...
After a quick rest at the hotel, we hit up Bourbon one more time...

And we met this guy...



Yup, that's right, Santa vacays in The Big Easy, folks

We called it a night pretty early, then headed home the next morning...it was good to be back!



Much love.

3 comments:

{Kimber} said...

you DO NOT look preggers---AT ALL
Santa in the Big Easy! nice...
classy

Love Bubba Gump's... :)

Sonya said...

Those beignets look delicious!!!

Free Art Printables said...

You look great! What a fun time! Jen