Thursday, August 13, 2009

The Big Easy!

Can you guess where I am going???

Yup, you guessed it...New Orleans!

Jay and I are taking a weekend to ourselves (and another couple we know) to spend some quality time together. We are taking in a Saints preseason game Friday night, then off to Cafe DuMonde Saturday morning for beignet and anything we want to do for the rest of the day!

I will be meeting up with my girl Kimber to say "howdy," and get a copy of a loverly Kimber original photo she took (awesome and thanks!)

The boys will be with my sister (which they are sooooo excited about) and we will be back Sunday to pick up right where we left off! We told Jacob that we were taking the trip to have some "mommy and daddy" time so that we could come back and be a better mommy and daddy to him and Colt. He was totally fine with that, because all he heard was that Aunt Layla was coming to take care of them! He loooooooooves Aunt Layla!

I am looking forward to getting some really good pictures while we are there. Not only of N.O. but also of me and Jay. I have been wanting some really off the wall artsy fartsy pictures of us (and the boys).

Anyway...we can't wait to get there, and I am sure we won't be able to wait to get back! You know how that is!

Soooo....I probably won't be blogging over the weekend, just fyi! But I will have plenty to share after the trip!



Much love.

1 comment:

{Kimber} said...

YAY!!!!!!!!
I can't wait :)
like your new header too