Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'm a regular Martha Stewart!

I few blogs ago, I showed you the cowboy bathroom that my friend and I did for my two boys. It is absolutely tooooo cute! I had a couple of other things I wanted to do with the bathroom, but just ran out of time that weekend ....


One of the things was to make a cowboy-ish picture of some sort. I had a frame, a piece of particle board to play with, some western themed scrapbook paper, but could never put it all together the right way.


Well, upon having a monthly GNO (girl's night out) at my house two weekends ago, I was desperate to do something with it. So I started brainstorming. I had some left over denim fabric from the jeans that were cut up and put on the shower curtain. I knew those had to be used for something...so I took that, the frame, particle board, scrapbook paper and some good ol' rope and came up with this...

Sorry for the glare (I'm not a professional picture taker)... and here is a close up of the frame...

Yup, I just mod podged scrapbook paper on that board, glued that denim fabric down on the frame, and then hot glued some rope on the lines where the scrapbook paper overlapped! I was pretty proud of myself, thankyouverymuch.


Much love.

6 comments:

E @ Scottsville said...

Oh, Little Miss Suzie Homemaker, huh? Nicely DONE!

{{Crowd Cheers}}

=0)

Free Art Printables said...

that pic is really cute! You did a great job.

Crandalls said...

Lol, wow you have been crafting up a storm! You had a girl's night at your house??? wow! I can't believe how much you are doing and going to school! Share your motivation!:)

Miss you! Say hi to all for me and tell your mom she is more than welcome to come and house hunt for me!

{Kimber} said...

very crafty!!! me not so much...I haven't scrapbooked in 4 years {yikes}

I like the pic...how about wordless wednesday??

Unknown said...

Love your idea! I am a sucker for cowboys and denim and was so happy to see someone else likes it too. We love anything cowboy and lots of denim at our home. Closer to Christmas I will be posting pics of our Cowboy Christmas tree. I'm off to look for your bathroom post now.

Unknown said...

Yes! Let's DO hear it for boys. My three grown up guys would have loved this about 20 years ago. It is great! And isn't it nice to have a cowboy thing going on instead of a super hero? I love that.