Tuesday, August 11, 2009

If it ain't broke...don't fix it...

**EDIT** I forgot that I didn't say just how I did this to my foot...
I was trying to dig up a dead bush my husband was working this past weekend, that's why I tackled it) and when I went to jump on the shovel to get it in the ground, my left foot rolled off the side of the shovel, causing me to lose my balance, then causing me to again roll my left foot, causing me to full right on my rump. Instant pain people!
I was able to send Jacob next door to get our neighbor (who also happens to be a friend) to come help me inside, while I called Jason.

That's how it happened!

Yup, that's what they told me. I have fractured two metatarsals (a fancy word for foot bones) in my left foot. And all they can do is put me in a post-op shoe to evenly distribute the weight when I walk on it.


She's a beaut, huh? Yeah, I know you're jealous.

You can't see the swelling all that well, but if you look at the outside of my foot, you can see a little bulge...that would be the "broken" part...

Loverly, huh?


Much love.


4 comments:

{Kimber} said...

nice.....very stylish...do they come in pairs?!

Jenni said...

not sure, but woulldn't totally finish the look??!

Carrie said...

So how did the fracture happen? Spill the beans...

the undomesticated wife said...

Bless your heart! That looks painful!