Monday, October 20, 2008

Texas or Bust!

The weekend before last, Jason got me and the boys up and told us to get dressed. I wondered what he had up his sleeve...although his only response was, "can't you just sit back and ride?" LOL, so that is what I did..but Jacob kept asking, "where we going momma?" To which Jason and I just replied, "we're taking a trip!"

We drove past the Texas state line and I begin to really wonder what was going on. I finally got Jason to tell me (right before we got there) that we were going to Longview, for a change of scenery, which was indeed nice. "Besides," he said, "they have an Academy Sports here with lots of Longhorns stuff." A ha!!!! So that's what his motive was! Not that I mind at all, of course. Getting out of Shreveport was nice. We got something to eat at Burger King and ventured over to Academy. We browsed their selection of Texas Longhorns stuff and Jacob hung around his daddy, while Colt stayed in the buggy with me. We got ready to wrap up, but Jacob would not come to me or Jason! We couldn't figure out why....well, this is what we saw...
...when Jason finally wrangled him... immediately, I saw this look on Jason's face..well....Jacob apparently was using the clothes rack as his personal space to um, well...ya know...go #2! LOL! It was quite funny! Anyway, I changed Jacob in the "cunk" (trunk) of the car, while Colt and and Jason checked out with the goods. We ventured to the mall for a short bit, and then made our way home to Shreveport after the boys started to get a bit irritable.

All in all, it was a great trip. Jacob wouldn't cooperate, but I managed to get a picture of Colt in his new gear!

Just call him "Cowboy Colt!" PRECIOUS!


Much love.


No comments: