Monday, November 10, 2008

The "Feather"

Yesterday marked the last day of this year's state fair. Jason and I haven't been since we were in high school. But, he decided to surprise me and the boys with a trip to the fair! Jacob calls it the "feather"....don't ask, because I have no clue! LOL I had no idea we were going there, so my apologies to anyone whom I may have scared off..I had no makeup on!


Anyway...we didn't really go to ride the rides, as the boys are still too short for any of them. We went for the food, the zoo and all the other exhibits they have out there. We sat down to eat hot dogs, barbecue sandwiches and drink on a DP. After that we headed into the exhibits.


It's pretty much full of vendors trying to sell either purses, jewelry, timeshares or some other type of thing. In the back though, there was a spot for the Sheriff's office, which I stopped at. I grabbed up an application...I always thought it would be awesome to work in the law enforcement! I turned it in the other day, but haven't heard anything..not quite sure on the whole process.


The boys enjoyed the zoo, we actually got to watch the elephants in a little show....Jacob was patiently waiting...

After that, we walked down the midway and checked out the games and other vendors. We also went into the States exhibit museum. After that, I was pretty much parched, so we headed over to the .75 cent sweet tea booth. I usually don't drink sweet tea...actually I NEVER drink it...but it was really really good! We ran into Veronica (Jason's sister) and niece and chatted for a bit. Then we headed for home...

..but before that I managed to get a few pics of the boys..



catching Colt by surprise..

and actually getting a somewhat decent picture of the two of them..


Much love.


No comments: