Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween/fall decor-coffee table arrangment

I don't have very many pictures, only two..but this is what I have on my limited budget...which is pretty much stuff I have had for the last two falls...


First, I have been reading on blogs about the infamous coffee table decor, you know the whole "used books with a floral arrangement and some other type of element" decor? Forgive me, but I can't remember which blogs blogged about it.


So, I took some old law books and tore them up like my friend Sarah did here except, I haven't covered mine yet...and I may never get around to it!


Here is my coffee table..(excuse the dirty table)
And here is my mantle...it needs help...I love the brick, I really do...I don't think I want to cover it like a lot of people do...and I am sure I don't want to paint it either. I like the natural element it has. But, I do need a new frame for the fireplace and that old oak mantle is calling out to me to be painted or something! I am mulling over several possibilities..any suggestions are welcome...

I have other fall decor on the shelves on either side of the fireplace, but not enough to take pictures of. I am still working on building up my Halloween/fall decor..Christmas seems to be where my abundance is...


Much love.

2 comments:

Crandalls said...

what about just staining the mantle a darker color to match your coffee table??? you NEED to cover the book! I want to see it covered:)

Jenni said...

yeah. i think i am gonna stain it. and yeah..the books need to be covered...i just gotta get some fabric! maybe i will do that will the time off i have coming up!